- Youth Culture Industries in India
- Social History of the Hindi World
- Childhood Studies
- Hindi Cinema
- South Asian Visual Cultures
Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi 2001
- The Classic Popular: Amar Chitra Katha (1967-2007), Yoda Press, New Delhi, 2008 (Book)
- Young Protest: The Idea of Merit in Commercial Hindi
Cinema, for the Cinema and Public Sphere Special
Issue edited by David Slocum, Comparative Studies of
South Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Forthcoming.
- Travel Writing as Nationalist Pedagogy in the Hindi
Children’s Periodicals (1920-50), South Asia, Journal
of the South Asian Studies, Volume 30, Issue 2 ,
August 2007 , pages 293 – 325.
- Amar Chitra Kathas: Between the Bubbles and the Deep
Blue Sea of Pictorial Suggestiveness in Yearly
Review, Special Issue, No. 13, on the theme of
“Meditations: Literature Across Media”, Department of
English, Delhi University, 2004-5.
- A Different Gaze: Vikram Seth’s Journey through
Mainland China in GJV Prasad ed. Vikram Seth: An
Anthology of Recent Criticism, Pencraft International,
- Looking Back at the Hindi Adaptation of Look Back in
Anger in ed. GJV Prasad, The Lost Temper: Critical
Essays on Look Back in Anger, Mcmillan, 2004.
- Review Article on Charu Gupta’s Sexuality, Obscenity,
Community: Women, Muslims and the Hindu Public in
Colonial India. Hindi, Vol.2, No.3, Oct-Dec 2001.
- The Cultural Logic of Amar Chitra Katha in Tapati
Guha Thakurta ed., Culture and the Disciplines: Papers
from the Cultural Studies Workshops, Enreca Occasional
Paper Series, CSSS, Calcutta: 1999.
- Touch and Tell in Himal Southasian, May-June 2006.
- Male Catharsis, Female Skin (Tehelka, Vol. 2, Issue
21, May 28, 2005) ‘Mallika and the Body Factory’ (Tehelka, Vol. 2, Issue
34, Aug 27, 2005).
- The Market Life of Amar Chitra Katha (1970–91)
Seminar 453, May 1997.
- The Politics of the Anthologising of Short Stories
Written by Indian Women in the Women's Special Issue
of Book Review, June 1995.
- Beech Bahas mein Bachpan: Upniveshkaleen Bharat ka ek
Adhyayan in Shiksha Vimarsh, Year 7, No. 4-6,
- Amar Chitra Katha mein “Rashtriya” aur “Lokpriya”,
Janmat, Jan-March 2002.
- Portrait of the Family in Small Town North India (1900-70)
- Travellers and Travel Tropes of the 20th century Hindi World
- Child Artists and Child-Centric Cinema of Bombay, Minor Genres, The
Idea of Politics in Popular Hindi Cinema.
- Visiting Fellowship at The Centre D’etudes de L’Inde
et de L’asie du Sud, CNRS/ EHESS 6-20, December 2006
- Seed Grant from Sarai for a Short Term Research
Proposal on “The Child’s Experience of the City in
Hindi Cinema” with a special focus on the lives of
child artists. 2003
- Grant from the Heinrich Boll Foundation, New Delhi and
British Council, Delhi to do work at the India Office
Library, London, 2004 May-July.
- South Asian Women Writers
- Intermediate Hindi
- Modern South Asian Literature